Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Welcome to KSS2011: A Brief History

Interested? Click here or the link in the top menu! Sign-up ends December 12th!

Confession: The year was 2009 and I had recently met the love of my life (only I hadn't confirmed that title, yet). The catch is I met her online as she lives in Australia and I live in the United States. Christmas was coming up and I wanted to involve her in some way. I also wanted to get to know her better, do something sweet for her without explicitly telling her and... hear her sing.

So, I devised this plan to be involved in this uber-special secret santa where the gifts are karaoke videos made and sent online. This way, anyone with an email (or now, an Elfster account) can be involved. I called it, "Karaoke Secret Santa" (or KSS, for short):

Karaoke Secret Santa - 2009 Playlist

(Ironically, she has yet to receive a proper Karaoke Secret video despite participating enthusiastically the past two years!)

It started off modestly. There were six videos made. A seventh video should have been made, but that participant flaked big time.

But, the next year, it grew twice its size. Twelve videos were made. At least two participants didn't follow through, but one other participant did twice: she made a make-up video which ended up being the most creative Karaoke Secret Santa video in its young history:


That year, we also lost someone very close to Karaoke Secret Santa who was a big influence to its creation:


His name was Armand Barbone and we shared the same passion for doing karaoke at McGillin's for the past few years. That passion also led to the original KSS idea when I wanted to do something special for Pam (the previously unmentioned love of my life) back in '09.

Now, inspired by the spirit of creativity, love and passion that its members has put into it, Karaoke Secret Santa enters its third year and you are invited to participate!


For more info on how to complete a Karaoke Secret Santa or what it's about, please click one of the links on the top menu or send an email to karaokesecret@gmail.com.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Peace,
Joe R.
Creator/Administrator

No comments:

Post a Comment